Saturday, February 9, 2008

Half-assery

I don't know, dear blog, but the fire's gone. Have you noticed? [blog nods solemnly] Somehow, knowing that someone might actually read what one writes can have a bit of a chilling effect. Also, I really haven't been doing many projects, and somehow once I began writing about projects it came to seem that that was the only thing to write about.

Whatev. Here's a shawl I made for my mom for Christmas:



It's made from vintage kimonos and obis and has a velvet back and edge. Here's a view of it laid out on my appallingly messy work table:


It's slightly wonky in places, but it was really satisfying to make; still, it's hard to imagine making something for myself with these fabrics (of which I have tons left -- I used only about a sleeve or so of each kimono).



My friend has a cousin who has some fairly severe developmental disabilities, but not so much that she can't live on her own (she's in her early thirties). She's always asking things like, can you tell by my earrings that I'm becoming more feminine? can you tell by my shoes that I'm indie rock? I'm all like, can you tell my blog that I am just so not up for it -- any of it -- these days?

No comments: