Thursday, November 22, 2007

When there's a zippoorwill there's a zippoorway

Remember, way back in September, when I was inspired by zippers? Of course you do -- who could forget those crazy dayz? This is the zipper usage I liked:


This is what I ended up making based on that:


Instead of one zipper down the center, I made the two side seams zippers from the armhole to the hem. The fabric is a kind of techy Japanese synthetic that I got from the Discount Textile Outlet (or whatever it's called) in Pilsen, which is three enormous crazed floors of bolts in various stages of dustiness, disorganization, cheapness, and ill-repute. There was some orange marking on the fabric, which I had run down the left zipper in the front:


I'm happy with it, but the darts are kind of a disaster because I didn't use a pattern or a dressform and I'd never made darts before.

Also, if you like Obsession you'll love Compulsion, and if you like Project Runway you'll love Project Runway Canada. Go here, and search "Project Runway Canada." Each episode is divided into six parts, and if I could type in a French Canadian accent I'd do my best Marie Genevieve impression as an amuse-bouche to the amour fou that will overtake you. And I can't even begin to talk about Iman. As the old saying goes, blogging about Project Runway Canada is like dancing about architecture, so I'll just leave it at that.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

I love this. Completely, totally love.