Thursday, September 6, 2007

nancypants

I'm totally inspired by the long metal zipper on this tunic from Acne Jeans:


I think to work, though, it really does have to be on a piece like that, which is likely to look really sack-like or very little-girl-play-clothes-ish on me. Still, maybe something good could come of that zipper for me.

I have plans to make my first pair of pants ever. I want something wide-legged, but no so wide I can't use fabric from old kimonos, and easy enough that it won't turn me off of sewing pants completely. I think my first pair will be these pants, from a free Burdastyle pattern:


Those are wide but still narrow enough to use a kimono. I'm also interested in trying these, from an out-of-print pattern I got from LanetzLiving.


The pleats and interfacing on these might place them out of my league for now. Also, I'm not sure they won't look like a pair of pants I bought at Urban Outfitters a billion years ago and recently made into cut-offs because the drawstring bottom was just too too goofy.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I saw this dress at Art Chicago and you put my name and my families names on the list too. It was shorter back then though.

olga*orange said...

yes, yes, I remember. It took her longer to create the dress than she thought it would, so it wasn't its full lenght in time for Art Chicago. In writing this post I went back and looked at the list of donors: cat-chow.com/notforsale_sponsorlist.pdf

Poor little Sissy is on it!